Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Done rambling, on with the show




Yesterday, was a day to ramble on about the reassessment of my life plans.  Today, it is time to get the ball rolling with some of those ideas.  Since I purchased my Gammill, 10 years ago, I have not hand-quilted (well, I did finish one quilt that was given to me in my Grace floor frame but that is all).  So, as I was pinning on to the long-arm, my teapot quilt, I was thinking about how much I missed sitting and hand quilting. I decided to just baste that quilt and spend some quality time hand quilting.  I find that I may have to practice a little as I'm a bit rusty!  But, I am really going to like getting back into some hand quilting.

I received the most beautiful deep pink roses for Valentines day from the DH.  He is such a sweetie.

Speaking of sweetie, I love to watch Bonnie Hunter during Quilt Cam (which is tonight at 9:00pm, EST)  Here is a picture of  Blue and I watching a Sunday afternoon quilt cam.  I usually sew something in my studio while watching Bonnie on my iPad.  (Lest you think I'm a little strange, Linda Franz from Inklingo fame has a brown stuffed monkey, sewing companion, that she calls Monkey.  When I saw that she had a sewing companion that was not a fur-baby, I checked the toy box and found that my daughter had this same monkey except in blue.  I'm allergic to all fur, BTW)  So, Bonnie, if you read this blog, please don't think I need therapy.....

2 comments:

Andee said...

LOL on Blue watching Bonnie. I will have to get one of my critters watching her too! Such fun our Bonnie is!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate