Monday, April 1, 2013

It's been more than a month since...



My Row Along Quilt from Bee in my Bonnet is almost done.  The quilt center is assembled and I'm working on the scrappy borders and label.  When the borders are added, I will try to get a good full size shot, but for now, here's a peak... My favorite blocks are the coffee cups, flowers and apples.



I have been so busy with my home remodel that I've neglected my blog.  Our downstairs bath was gutted and replace from the floor up.  It is so nice to have a new bathroom.  We installed tile floors, vanity, mirror, lights, water closet (toilet), exhaust fan, painted and even replace the hollow core door for a six panel door.  I need to purchase a rug and new shower curtain and I will post a reveal picture soon. I promise.  But just to give you a peak, here is a photo of the same tile being laid in our entry foyer.  We liked the new tile so much that I am laying it in the entry foyer and kitchen.  And we liked the new door so much too, that we are having all the doors replaced in the house and there are 11 of them.  I'm not looking forward to painting all of those doors!


Been busy sewing every chance.  The picture below is from my reproduction stash and is the last of the blocks that I've cut and kitted which completes 742 bow tie blocks (3 inch finished size). I only need 1024 for the layout that I planned.  So, only 282 more to go.  I want to cut some shirtings to add to the mix and I have lots to choose from, so the next 150 blocks will be from my used shirts and shirting fabrics. The final 132 blocks will be cut from my stash of bright modern fabrics.  I want my bow tie quilt to pop with color and I think it will.  BTW, I ran out of the Kona cheddar fabric and ordered 10 more yards and the color matches! I was so shocked to see that the color is identical to what I had. Yahoo!  And as Bonnie Hunter says, you can't have too much cheddar!



We have been getting quite a bit of spring snow in our area of Virginia.  Just wonderful to see and I got a snow day to sew.  The first snow, two weeks ago, 14 inches and the last two snowfalls, we got 4 and 3 inches.  But it is now gone and hopefully we won't see anymore for this season.


Happy Quilting Everyone.
g.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate