Friday, May 3, 2013

My Daughter is 29 tomorrow....

I cannot believe that my baby girl will be 29 years old tomorrow at 3:47 a.m.  I'm not planning to be awake at that hour, mind you, but I do remember that day like it was yesterday.

She is such a blessing to me.  We are close and sometimes she shares information that maybe I would rather not know, but I'm glad that I can be there for her through her trials and many more happy times, too.  I was thinking about traveling to surprise her tomorrow and arrive around breakfast time to take her and her DH, Kevin out for breakfast, but I need to coordinate my plans with whatever Kevin has in mind for her. Here is a picture of her in a knitted cap that she made as a Christmas gift.  You know that this picture is a self-portrait because of the way she is looking at her iPhone while trying to take a picture of her hat.

This quilt is what I've been working on...I have two sections done; both this size, so I'm thinking that I only need one more section and then I can add pieced bow-tie borders and be ready to quilt this one and it's for me! Wa hoo! I have many more bow-ties than I need because I was anticipating making a much larger quilt but once I laid it out on my king size bed, I know that this is big enough.  So I am going to make a wall hanging with my left over blocks. BTW these bow ties are 3 1/2 inch unfinished and I made 1024 of them!
I sew the ties into these 16 patches and then put 4 together to make a really large section that looks like a ring in the middle.  Here are two blocks...

Happy Quilting
Gail

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate