Monday, November 4, 2013

Answering a couple of questions

I received a couple of questions about my post yesterday regarding the Block of the Month that I am doing called Hampton Ridge. It is a block of the month pattern and fabric kit through my local quilt shop.  I will receive four to five block patterns each month with enough fabric to make those blocks.  Each block measures 7 inches finished. The fabrics that are in the kits were designed to work with this particular pattern. I know that Hancock's also sells the kits.  Here is a picture of the full quilt.

The pieces are small, but I like to work on a smaller scale most of the time.

I am also attempting to assemble my Holiday Lights quilt by Alex Anderson this week or next and hope to get it quilted by Thanksgiving.

Holiday Lights by Alex Anderson

Here are my blocks set out on the design wall (aka guest bed). I want to put a narrow red inner border and I like the red and white polka dot fabric. 
My blocks and borders yet without the applique (I will be doing the applique borders too.) Just not that far along.
Happy quilting everyone.
Gail in Verona

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate