Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hampton Ridge Block of the Month for October 2013

 I am trying to get several projects (WIPs and UFOs) done so that I can comfortably begin the Bonnie Hunter Mystery that starts after Thanksgiving. I have my plans all planned and then....I don't know what possesses me to sign up for Block of the Month Projects but I do have a compulsion to take on more projects than I can handle from time to time.  This is one of those.  Red Crinoline Quilts (www.redcrinolinequilts.com) through my local quilt shop Rachel's Quilt Patch is hosting the Hampton Ridge Block of the Month kits and it started this month.  I do so love reproduction fabrics and traditional blocks and fine myself drawn to these like a moth to a flame.  These blocks finish at 7 inches and are so cute.  And they really don't take that much time to do, you just have to be very careful that you cut the correct fabrics and pay special attention to the instructions.  (It helps to read through the directions more than once to get the plan of attack before you start cutting your fabrics.  I didn't and almost ran short of the bright blue in the first block due to incorrect cutting of the fabric.)

Block #1

Block #2

Block #3

Block #4
Happy Quilting Everyone!
g.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate