Monday, November 11, 2013

Projects for this week

I took some time off from work last week to rest and get a couple of things done in my studio and to organize my WIP.  I found these little chicken pin cushions that I just needed to finish. Aren't they cute.  These will be Christmas presents to my sewing group.  We are meeting this weekend to finish our baby quilts.


Here are the two baby hearts quilts that I finished.
I put them on the longarm two at a time and found that worked very nicely, was quick to do and I know I will do that again soon. The settings are different for each quilt and I really like the one with the pieced border. Just did a simple panto on these since they will be well used, I hope.



And I have about 50 of these Pie in the Sky blocks completed from the pattern by Kim Diehl. Just love all of her books. I'm not sure how I will set these as I don't like the setting in the pattern as it is too busy for my style.  I will probably do a simple sashing so that these blocks will stand out.


Have a very happy Veteran's Day and treat a Vet to Lunch.
Gail

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate