Monday, December 2, 2013

And I was not going to do this

Just like some of you, I didn't think I would participate in the 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery this year even though I really love all my Mystery quilts and I've done all of them! I'm so busy this year with work and other obligations, but when I was checking out the Facebook Group, with such wonderful color combination, how could I resist. Plus, I already have the triangle templates from the Christmas Lights Pattern that I just finish the top, see Christmas tree quilt below.

First, I found an inspiration fabric that I really liked, shown on the left side of this picture; and selected some really old fabrics from the stash and the scrap bin.  Some of the browns may be 20 years old or older.  I have about three yards of the almost vintage Peachy/Orange fabric, so I am using that as my constant and will use controlled scrappy for the rest of the patches for this quilt.

 
 
My colors are: Light to Med Blue; Pale Gold/Light Yellow; Cream; Peachy Orange; and Med to Dark Brown.




Wonderful Fall colors and a stretch for me as I tend to use bright and bold color combinations. I finished cutting the patches and made a couple of blocks to test my contrast and I am sticking with this. I will try to sew 20+ blocks or so each day.

To go back to Bonnie's Page:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/12/celtic-solstice-mystery-monday-link-up-1.html




This is an older pattern by Alex Anderson of The Quilt Show.  I am making it as a gift for my daughter this year. When Bonnie's Mystery was revealed, I was surprised that she was using these same triangle template.  I really like this quilt top and was rather easy to sew. I will, most likely make another one for me, even though I hate making a quilt twice; this just may be an exception.

Happy Quilting
Gail from Verona

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate