Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Power Free Sewing with my Singer Lotus

I just love snow.  There, I've said it!

I enjoy the quiet, the beauty, the peacefulness, the cold, etc. What I really hate is the loss of power what sometimes accompany it when there is a mix of ice with the storm. We had heat because we have the gas log insert in our fireplace. That kept us quite cozy.

I was all set to sew on my Bonnie Hunter Celtic Solstice Part 2, this weekend and found myself without electric power.   So what is a girl to do, you might ask?  Well, break out the hand-crank sewing machine and sew, of course.  This was much fun to 'power' sew on the hand-powered sewing machine. It did take a lot more time to get those 100 chevron units finished and my arm was tired and sore from the marathon effort, but I must say I did enjoy the process. I did need the line drawn on the units that I sewed because this machine wanted to veer to the left a bit and I did not want to put tape on the bed of this vintage beauty.


Singer 66 Lotus hand-crank sewing machine


Sewing with a view of the Ice and Snow Storm in the Mid-Atlantic area
  Back to Bonnie's Linky Page

Wanted to also share with you, a pattern that I had to have.  It's called Round & Round by Thimble Blossoms Company by Camille Roskelley.  I took one of her classes on Craftsy and just loved her.   When I saw this quilt in the background of one of the segments and just had to purchase it. I ordered five yards of the navy background but won't be able to start another quilt until after Celtic Solstice is finished.

Happy Quilting all...
Gail in Verona


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate