Monday, December 16, 2013

SVW-SC Mystery Part 3

Our snowy weekend was wonderful.  Just enough snow to make you feel festive and not enough to keep you indoors. Hubby and I both finished our Christmas shopping and now. just waiting on a couple of items to be delivered by the "brown truck!".


I was able to work on my Celtic Solstice on Friday night and some on Sunday afternoon and was able to finish all the pieces, so far, through Part 3. I am making the smaller version this year.  I'm not rushing and this mystery has been very easy so far.

I'm even contemplating making another one of these using Linda Franz's fabric choices.  I can't remember the fabric line but it has taupe, red, celery and cream and I'm adding aqua to mine. If you are interested, check out her site here. I was able to buy her fabrics on sale, and may start that one after Christmas.  I did purchase the Inklingo collection but have not used it yet as I was not able to get my old printer to work.  I think I'm getting a new one as a present and one that will print from my iPad, which I needed anyway.

This is the first mystery that I've deviated from the color suggestions and I like it.  Was a little worried to not follow Bonnie's suggested colors, which I have done on all her mysteries since Carolina Christmas. Easy Street was very colorful, for me, last year, but it was the most wanted quilt that I've done.  Both kids wanted it but I gifted it to my co-worker who lost her son the day after Christmas and she was so in depressed that she really needed a quilt to cuddle and the bright colors seemed to cheer her up a bit too.

This year the colors are: Peach, Brown, Medium Blue, Cream and Amber.

I only have a couple of days to work this week and then I'm off until after the New Year (2014!)  I cannot believe this year is almost over and what a quick year it's been!

Happy Quilting Everyone
Gail in Verona

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate