Sunday, January 5, 2014

Celtic Solstice top completed...

Have my Celtic Solstice quilt top assembled (the smaller version).  I really like my color choices (dark brown, medium blue, peachy orange, amber and cream) and the pattern was well-written and easy to make. Bonnie Hunter has done it again.  Just love to do these mystery quilts with her and all the excitement the goes with the posting each weekly clue.

Celtic Solstice 75 x 75 quilt top


Close-up of the lower side


My "leader/ender project" top completed while sewing CS with recycled shirtings
Christmas Lights quilt top


I have really enjoyed my two-
week winter break. I spent time working on several quilting projects including the Celtic Solstice Mystery, Christmas Lights and Bonnie's Star Struck, learning to use Inklingo, did some hand quilting and embroidery, took time to get together with my small quilt group for a morning sew-in and had time to catch up with friends over lunch on several occasions.  Also, took time to start organizing my studio and fabrics, read a few books, cleaned the house and got a couple of small painting projects completed.
Star Struck top compelted



But sadly, Monday, I must go back to work and get back into my normal and usual daily routine.  I am planning to retire sometime in the near future and wanted to take this opportunity to see if I enjoyed not working and if I would possibly become bored.  Well, I can tell you that I would not be bored in the least, especially with all the projects that I have on my to-do list and the reading that I want to do.
I may start teaching part time again when I have the time or maybe do some volunteer work.  Lots of things to think about.

Click here to return to Bonnie's Blog.

Happy Quilting Everyone!
Gail in Verona


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate