Monday, January 5, 2015

What an ending to 2014!

It's been awhile since my last post.  But, I'm back.

November and December of 2014 is not a time I would want to revisit anytime soon.  Just suffice it to say, DH was hospitalized twice for emergency eye surgery to fix a retina tear and detachment and during the second surgery, I got a phone call that my Mom had passed away.  Also, during the last two months, I have been training my two new hires to  replace me as I planned to retire on December 31st.

Well, I did retire (at least on paper) but I'm still doing some consulting in the interim.  Also contemplating working a couple of days a week at the local quilt shop.  Which I know I would really enjoy and would get me out of the house from time to time.

Anyway, the GI mystery was my saving grace during my depressing weeks of late 2014, and I've been sewing frantically into the wee hours trying to stay focused on my love of quilting and not think too much about my issues and worries.  Thank you!! Bonnie Hunter for this diversion and keeping me sane.  You rock!

Here is my reveal:

Just love the bright and cheery colors and the black really sets together the whole design, in my opinion.

I was given a fat quarter pack of Horizon by Kate Spain for Moda that influenced me to use the purple instead of the pink in this mystery and I like it a lot.  I used the greens, purples and aquas from the collection and added a yellow tone on tone and white & black toile' print and the scraps of black as my only scrappy fabric.  I usually use all scraps for the mystery but I do like the ease of using yardage in this instance.  It is still a jumble of movement, plus I really enjoyed the whole process, especially during my trying time.

I have all the border units made, now just need to sew them on and next pick a quilting design and thread color to blend with the top.

Happy quilting everyone!

Back to Bonnie's page, click here.


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate