Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Allietare Mystery Quilt Part 3

Allietare! Mystery Quilt Part 3.

Week number three is upon us with Bonnie's 2015 Mystery and I never get tired of participating in the annual mystery.  On Facebook, someone posted a question about how many Bonnie mysteries I have done.  I couldn't really remember which were mysteries and which were patterns from her books until I started sorting through my "collection".  I was surprised to find that I have done 11 mystery quilts and I think my first was possibly Carolina Crossroad or Orange Crush.  Can't remember the order of the mysteries as I haven't labeled any except for Roll Roll Cotton Boll.

Also, surprisingly, I find that I am mostly a topper. (Meaning, that I make mostly tops and the "quilting" get delegated to the background).  But I love making these mystery quilts and the mystery just adds another fun layer to the process.

Now that I am retired, I plan to get more of the tops finished and my plan is to do at least one a month in the coming year.  (tops are easier to store but finished quilts will keep you warm!)

......
Wanted to blog about my En Provence finish and found that I never posted this from Allietare. Both are now finished and the binding needs to be flipped and sewn for EP.

Wow, I need to blog a little more often, you'd think?!


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate